Back to Summer Modeling School
A range of topics will be presented in the first two days. Many are intended to help build fundamental skills, others introduce the student to the theoretical basis for ice sheet modeling. Here is a list, and links to the material that will be presented.
- Ice breaker, presented by Jesse Johnson
- Introduction to ice sheet modeling, presented by Kees van der Veen.
- Notes from ISMASS lecture
- Notes from force balance lecture
- Perspective on ice sheet modeling, presented by Nina Kirchner.
- Pragmatic Programming, presented by Gethin Williams.
- Finite differencing: Introduction presented by Ian Rutt.
- Finite differencing I, presented by Ian Rutt and Jesse Johnson.
- Ice Rheology, presented by Nina Kirchner.
- Introduction to Ice Sheet Modeling by Christina Hulbe
- Basal Conditions - especially how ice and sediments interact and some related aspects of drainage, presented by Alan Rempel
- Finite differencing II, presented by Ian Rutt and Jesse Johnson.
- Kees' assignment