tuesday Aug 4, 2009
- meet at Paccini's pub at 7:30
wednesday Aug 5, 2009
- after FORTRAN session, leave PSU to go to Sushi Ichiban. Adam Campbell will guide you.
- go to Ground Kontrol a retro arcade with beer
- go to Voodoo Doughnut, please someone buy Ian Rutt the $5 doughnut.
thursday Aug 6, 2009
Amon Tobin and Pitch Black, along with two opening bands, are playing at the Roseland Theatre (8 NW 6th Ave) Thursday night (starting at 9:00 pm or thereabouts). Tickets are $26 (available online at TicketsWest). The music is best described as sampled electronica (Amon Tobin) and Kiwi-style dub (Pitch Black). I'd expect a late night of electronic music: an evening nap may be in order! Jeremy's already got his ticket and can fill you in with more, including a sample of the music.
- other local music recommendations from Adam
Boy Eats Drum Machine, French Miami, Southern Belle and Electric Opera Company - Indie Rock - Thu., Aug. 6, 9 p.m. $6-8 Berbati's Pan 10 SW 3rd Ave. Downtown
Nurses, Inside Voices and Slaves - Indie Rock - Thu., Aug. 6, 8:30 p.m. $7 Holocene 1001 SE Morrison Southeast
friday Aug 7, 2009
saturday Aug 8, 2009
sunday Aug 9, 2009
The Portland Bridge Pedal is a fun event where you can go on 14, 24, or 37 mi. bike ride over Portland's Bridges. Adam is trying to assemble a group to go on Sunday morning. Please speak with him if you are interested in going to this.