From Interactive System for Ice sheet Simulation
Revision as of 10:55, 11 August 2009 by Chulbe
- Liklihood: measure of the relative frequency with which an hypothesis can explain observations
- Monte Carlo sampling: repeated random sampling
- Roughness: deviation of a real surface and its ideal shape.
- Stencil: node arrangement used to pass information through a numerical solution to a differential equation.
- Strain: measure of relative displacement between particles in a continuous material body; deformation of the material. Note the distinction between finite and infinitesimal strain theory.
- Strain rate: change in strain over time.
- Taylor Series: representation of a continuous function as the sum of an infinite series of terms. The terms are derivatives of the function at a point.
- Uncertainty: indistinguishable interpretations of observational data